Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Mockingbirds

When I was in 8th grade I got my first surgery, I remember waking up panicking, I had no clue where I was at. All I could do is cry and cry and ask for my mom. Not knowing what has just happened to you after waking up is a scary thing. Alex woke up one morning laying next to a guy she didn't know, and had no recollection of the night before. Reading the first couple pages of this book made waking up from surgery feeling the way I did not so bad. Alex automatically knew that her body had been violated in ways that she didn't even want to think about. My heart broke for her. I suddenly felt so much anger for her. Although she was drunk, this boy had to have known what he was about to do, he took everything from her in the blink of an eye, and she had she had no control. It made me even more mad when she told her friend that she was basically raped by a guy she doesn't know and all she said was, "so you lost your virginity for then first time." Like who does that? If that was my friend I'd be freaking out and making sure she was okay, and then call the cops. I'm anxious to get to the end and see how Alex overcame the rape. Rape is such a scary thing to go through, and such a hard journey to overcome. I'm courious as to how she gets through the journey and I'm praying that she comes out on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment