Friday, September 16, 2011

Poems

My top three favorite poems that we've done in class so far have been, To You by Kenneth Koch, First Kiss by April Lardner, and Dust by Dorianne Laux. The first two are about love, I loved these poems because they made me think of my boyfriend, Mario. Like the first kiss poem, obviously it reminded me of our first kiss. It's so cheesy, but our first kiss was so magical. It was the only first kiss that gave me butterflies. When I think about it to this day I still get butterflies, so the First Kiss poem gave me that special feeling inside. Staying on the subject of relationships, I like the To You poem as well, just because I thought it was adorable, and funny the things he was relating his love too. The last poem I fell in love with was, Dust. I don't know what it was about this poem, but it really made me think. It was so deep in such an undeep way...that makes no sense, but it does...to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment